Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tart & Tangy Summer Birthday Card

Share
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Artisan's are at it again!  Come see the 2010-11 Award-winning projects for a 2 week blog hop!  Starts Monday, August 2nd, at 10AM EDT.

Today's card is summer-inspired. I just love summer time and look forward to it so much.  I enjoyed fireworks and fried food for the 4th while celebrating our Independence Day, next weekend I am headed out of town for a little get-away in Wyoming filled with boating, 4-wheeling, and lots of star-gazing.  What's not to love about summer??

This is a card we will be making in our card club this month (contact me if you'd like to come!).  I used two techniques you might like to know about.  The first is called "Rock n' Roll" (don't you love that name for a stampin technique??).  I used that technique to create the duo color combo on the orange slices by first inking my stamp in Daffodil Delight ink, and then rolling the edges of the image in the pumpkin pie ink.  Easy!

The second technique is more of a "cheat".  I didn't have anything but a couple of pumpkin pie ribbon scraps hanging around, so I cheated and used a strip of 1/4" pumpkin pie cardstock and then adhered just the bow on top of that strip.  I'll bet you didn't even notice!  It's a great technique to use to help you use up those cardstock scraps AND ribbon scraps!

Ready to have some Stampin' fun?? CLICK HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! website to order any of the supplies you need, item numbers are listed below under "Stampin' Supplies".

Need a hard copy of the catalog to call your own?? Email me and get the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog for just $9.95.

Happy Stampin!
~Heather


Shop Online Anytime, 24/7! CLICK HERE to Shop Now!

Stampin' Supplies (and item numbers):

Stamps: Tart & Tangy (111514), All Holidays (114916)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (105216), Daffodil Delight (119667)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Pumpkin Pie (105117)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Polka Dot Embossing Folder (117335)
Embellishments: Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain (109030)

Have any questions or comments? Please email me (I'm friendly!)

Let's be Facebook Friends! CLICK HERE to add me as a friend to get access to all my photo albums and paper-crafting ideas.

What's on Sale?? CLICK HERE to take a look at all of the current promotions, or take a look at my right side bar under "Super Savers Section".
Blog Widget by LinkWithin