Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thinking of You Top Note Die

Share

Wow! I love how this color combo came together! It's a really unusual combo (especially for me) but I love how it turned out! As you've probably heard, the Medallion Background stamp is Stampin' Up!s best-seller right now, and I can see why! The *second* I saw it in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog, I knew I just had to have it!

To create the stamped multi-colored Medallion image shown in this card:

  1. Ink entire stamp in Dusty Durango
  2. Use sponge dauber and sponge Soft Suede ink directly onto your medallion stamp
  3. Roll the edges of the stamp in Soft Suede ink pad
  4. Stamp the image on Very Vanilla cardstock
  5. Use sponge dauber to sponge on Bermuda Bay ink and distress the edges

And Voila! INSTANT gorgeous-ness!

The Big Shot Top Note Die is also one of my favorites...it makes really nice frames on scrapbook pages, gorgeous backgrounds for cards, adorable treat bag toppers, the list goes on and on. On occasion, I have wished that it didn't quite take up an entire card front...and eureka! It doesn't have to! Check out my picture tutorial to give this mini-Top Note technique a try!

1. Start with your Top Note Die (as usual)

2. Send your paper through your Big Shot3. This is what the Top Note looks like when you send it through the first time4. Using your Top Note Die again, rotate the paper 90 degrees on the Die. 5. When you send it through your Big Shot the second time, it comes out like this!

All of the supplies I used are listed below. Just CLICK HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! website to order any of the supplies you need. Once you get there, click on "Shop Now" in the upper right hand corner, and use the item numbers listed below.

Need a hard copy of the catalog to call your own?? Email me and get the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog for just $9.95.

Are you as excited about the September 1st release of the Holiday Mini-Catalog as I am?? If not, it's because you haven't seen all the ADORABLE new products coming! Email me to get your free copy sent to you in the mail!

Don't forget, the $85 starter kit promotion is ending soon! Don't let this fantastic opportunity slip away...!

Happy Stampin!
~Heather

Order Online Anytime! Click Here to shop now!

Stampin' Supplies (and item numbers):

Stamps: Medallion background (115223), Thoughts and Prayers (113252)
Ink: Soft Suede (115657), Dusty Durango (115654), Bermuda Bay (115655)
Paper: Soft Suede (115318), Dusty Durango (115321), Bermuda Bay (115317), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Sponge Daubers (102892), Designer Label Punch (107590), Corner Rounder Punch (109047)
Embellishments: Soft Suede 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon (155612)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i was checking your work very nice very talented thank for sharing it,:D

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin