Monday, September 21, 2009

Thankful Mojo

Share


It's Mojo time!  For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, you know that Mojo Monday is one of my favorite online sketch challenges.  Here is this week's sketch:

  • To create the fanciful frame I used to dress up my sentiment, just take another look at the Top Note Die...see it?  I simply ran it through my big shot, and then trimmed off the top and bottom with my paper trimmer.
  • The stamped background image comes from the Fresh Cuts set.  I "rocked and rolled" it by first inking my stamp in Crushed Curry ink, and then rolling the edges of the stamp in the Dusty Durange ink pad.  I stamped first on scrap paper and then onto my paper so that it has a lighter color. Helpful Hint: Stamping on scrap paper before you stamp on your paper (without re-inking the stamp) to get a lighter image is called "Stamping Off"
  • Are you loving rouched ribbon as much as I am??  I cut a strip of 1/2" Soft Suede card stock, got it nice and sticky with sticky strip, and then adhered my gathered ribbon to the card stock bit by bit.
  • Those extra large scallops are extra easy to make when you use your 1-3/8" circle punch!  I just punched out circles and adhered to my paper next to each other to create the same look as a large scallop punch.

Ready to have some Stampin' fun?? All of the supplies I used are listed below. Just CLICK HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! website to order any of the supplies you need. Once you get there, click on "Shop Now" in the upper right hand corner, and use the item numbers listed below.

Need a hard copy of the catalog to call your own?? Email me and get the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog for just $9.95.

Happy Stampin!

~Heather


Stampin' Supplies (and item numbers):
Stamps: Fresh Cuts (111634)
Ink: Crushed Curry (115659), Dusty Durango (115654)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Soft Suede (115318), Crushed Curry (115319), Dusty Durango (115321)
Tools:Big Shot (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Many Thanks Sizzlit (115972), Joyful Sizzlit (115973), Two-way Glue pen (100425), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (104401), SNAIL (104332), Paper Trimmer (104152)
Embellishments: 1/2" Polka Dot Soft Suede Ribbon (115612)



Have any questions or comments? Please leave me a message, I'll respond promptly!

1 comment:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You totally rocked this sketch! I love what you did with it! Your ribbon is to cute!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin