Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Human

Share
The new "Lots of Bots" stamp set gets us back to the "nuts and bolts" of stamping. I used some classic techniques to put together an easy "bot-day" card. Here are a few tips:
  • To create a multi-colored image, use markers to color directly on your rubber stamp before stamping on cardstock
  • Aquapainters are great for using your ink pad to watercolor an image, as I did on the balloon
  • You can create perfectly centered greetings every time by stamping your greeting on cardstock first, and then using the Word Window punch to cut it out
  • I used the "To the Nines" specialty DSP, which is a textured, cover-weight cardstock that adds a little extra depth and class to any card
  • In a pinch, a quick and easy-to-make card keeps me sane. This card definitely qualifies for "Sanity Saver" status, cards that come together in 15 minutes or less

Want to give this project a try? All of the supplies I used are listed below. Just CLICK HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! website to order any of the supplies you need. Once you get there, click on "Shop Now" in the upper right hand corner, and use the item numbers listed below.

Need a hard copy of the catalog to call your own?? Email me and get the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog for just $5 until July 31st!

Don't forget to check out the Deal of the Week!

Happy Stampin!
~Heather

Stampin' Supplies (and item numbers):

Stamps: Lots of Bots (115293)
Ink: Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad (105208), Stampin' Write Markers: Sahara Sand (105105), Sage Shadow (100040), Basic Black (100082), and Real Red (100052), (the entire set of Stampin' Write Markers is also available as item #: 105541)
Paper: To the Nines Specialty DSP (114038), Sahara Sand (105328), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Word Window Punch (105090)
Embellishments: Kraft Tafeta Ribbon (109068)

To get a close-up of any of these products, just click on the image.

1 comment:

Jacinta said...

Great card! Love the robot image. Being that I have two boys, I know I"m going to have to get this stamp set. Plus I need to make more boy cards :). Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin