Friday, July 10, 2009

For the Newlyweds

Share

Yay! Summer is finally here and that means wedding season has begun. This elegant card would be perfect for your favorite bride and groom this summer.

What are those gorgeous backgrounds, you ask? Allow me to introduce you to the NEW Medallion background stamp and the Finial Press embossing folder (just $7.95...I know! What a steal!)

My color inspiration comes from the Bella Bleu DSP (page 162 of the Idea Book & Catalog). Still need a copy of the NEW 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog? During the month of July only, get one for only $5 (limit 1 per person)! Email me to get yours. Or, you can download an electronic version here. Bella Bleu DSP features Very Vanilla, Kraft, Not Quite Navy, and Whisper White. I swapped out Kraft for Sahara Sand. The layout inspiration is from the Splitcoast Card Sketch Challenge #236.

I started by stamping the Medallion background in Sahara Sand ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. The primary image came from the Razzle Dazzle Stamp set, and I used my Not Quite Navy marker to color directly on my stamp before stamping the image. The greeting comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and I punched it out with the Word Window punch. Helpful Hint: For a quick and easy way to get perfectly centered greetings, stamp your greeting on cardstock first, then punch it out.

The perfect finishing touches: I added a Not Quite Navy frame to my greeting using the NEW Modern Label punch, three rhinestone brads, white organza ribbon, and half back pearl. Helpful Hint: Mini glue dots are the perfect adhesive to make sure those pearls stay put!

Want to give this project a try? All of the supplies I used are listed below. Just CLICK HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! website to order any of the supplies you need. Once you get there, click on "Shop Now" in the upper right hand corner, and use the item numbers listed below.

Don't forget to take advantage of the Deal of the Week!

Happy Stampin!
~heather

Stampin' Supplies (and item numbers):

Stamps: Razzle Dazzle (116714), Medallion Background (115223), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)

Ink: Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad (105208), Not Quite Navy Marker (100059)

Paper: Whisper White (100730), Sahara Sand (105328), Not Quite Navy (101722), Very Vanilla (101650)

Tools: Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Finial Press Embossing Folder (115963), Big Shot (113439), Modern Label Punch (116630), Word Window Punch (105090), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430)

Embellishments: White Organza Ribbon (114319), Half-back Pearl (from the Pretties Kit: 109114), Clear rhinestone Brads (113144, also in the Pretties Kit: 109114)

Click on any of the images below to get a closer look at these fun NEW products.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin